Exploring Smart TV: Beyond Traditional Television
Smart TVs have revolutionized the way we consume entertainment. These modern televisions offer built-in Wi-Fi connectivity and a range of smart features that allow you to access popular streaming platforms, browse the web, and even control your TV using voice commands. Before making a purchase, check the available smart features and ensure compatibility with your preferred streaming services and home automation devices.
Popular Smart TV Features To Know About
• Nano Cell Technology: Nano Cell Technology, developed by LG, is a cutting-edge display technology that enhances color accuracy and widens the viewing angles of the TV. By using nano-sized particles, this technology absorbs unwanted light wavelengths and delivers vibrant and lifelike colors.
• Dolby Vision IQ: Dolby Vision IQ takes HDR (High Dynamic Range) to the next level by dynamically adjusting the picture settings based on the ambient lighting conditions in your room. It ensures that you always experience optimal picture quality, whether you're watching a movie in a dimly lit room or in broad daylight.
• Dolby Atoms: Dolby Atmos revolutionizes the audio experience by delivering three-dimensional sound. It creates a realistic and immersive audio environment where sound objects can move freely around you, adding depth and dimension.
• Wi-Fi Connectivity: Wi-Fi connectivity has become a standard feature in smart TVs. It allows your TV to connect wirelessly to your home network, enabling access to a wide range of online streaming services, apps, and content. With Wi-Fi connectivity, you can effortlessly stream your favorite shows, movies, and music directly on your TV.
• Voice Control and Virtual Assistants: Many smart TVs now come equipped with built-in virtual assistants, such as Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. With voice control, you can easily navigate through menus, search for content, adjust settings, and even control other compatible smart devices in your home, all using simple voice commands. It's a convenient and hands-free way to interact with your TV and smart home ecosystem.
• 5 Gen 5 AI Processor: The 5th generation AI processor optimizes the audio quality of your TV. It automatically up-mixes 2-channel audio into virtual 5.1.2-channel sound in order to give a more immersive sound experience.
• Screen Resolution Options: Smart TVs offer different screen resolution options, including Full HD (1080p), 4K Ultra HD, and even 8K resolution in some high-end models. Higher resolution means sharper and more detailed images, providing a visually stunning experience.
• Picture Calibration and Modes: These are pre-set picture modes, such as Cinema, Sports, or Game modes, that optimize the picture quality based on the content you're watching. Some models even provide advanced picture calibration options, allowing you to fine-tune the settings to your liking and achieve the best possible image quality.
Connectivity and Ports
HDMI, USB, and More
Ensure that the TV you choose has an adequate number of HDMI ports to connect various devices like gaming consoles, soundbars, and streaming devices. USB ports are handy for playing media files directly from external drives.
Other ports to consider include Ethernet for wired internet connectivity and audio ports for connecting external speakers or headphones. Decide what your connectivity needs are and choose a TV with sufficient and easily accessible ports.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Having built-in Wi-Fi allows your TV to connect to your home network wirelessly, enabling seamless streaming and online content access. For instance, this smart Samsung TV allows you to wirelessly stream your favorite content in one convenient location, allowing you to spend less time searching and more time enjoying your favorite movie or shows.
Bluetooth connectivity is also beneficial for connecting wireless headphones, speakers, or other compatible devices. Check if the TV model you are interested in supports the latest Wi-Fi and Bluetooth standards for an optimal entertainment experience.
Sound Quality: Enhancing the Audio Experience
Built-In Speakers vs. Soundbars
When TV manufacturers build models with built-in speakers, the quality may not always meet your expectations. Consider investing in a soundbar or a home theater system to enhance the audio experience. Soundbars offer better sound clarity, immersive sound, and deep bass compared to built-in TV speakers.
Head to our blog “Everything You Need To Know About Soundbars” to learn how to pick the right soundbar for your entertainment needs. Evaluate your audio preferences and budget to determine if a soundbar is necessary for your TV setup.
Virtual Surround Sound and Dolby Atoms
Virtual surround sound technology creates an immersive audio experience by simulating a surround sound system without the need for additional speakers. Dolby Atmos, on the other hand, takes it a step further by providing three-dimensional audio, making you feel like you're right in the middle of the action. Look for TVs that support virtual surround sound or Dolby Atmos for an enhanced audio experience.
What You Need To Know Before Buying a New TV
What factors should I consider before buying a TV?
Before purchasing a TV, consider factors such as TV technology (OLED or LED), screen size, placement options, smart features, connectivity, and audio quality.
Is a 4K TV worth it?
While it's not an essential feature to have, a 4K TV provides superior picture quality and future-proofing, especially with the increasing availability of 4K content.
Are soundbars necessary for a good audio experience?
While built-in TV speakers can suffice for casual viewing, investing in a soundbar or home theater system can significantly enhance your audio experience.
Can I connect my wireless headphones to a smart TV?
Yes, if your smart TV supports Bluetooth connectivity, you can connect wireless headphones for a private listening experience.
When is the best time to buy a new TV?
The best time to buy a new TV depends on various factors. However, there are a few periods throughout the year when you can find excellent deals and discounts. These include events like Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Additionally, new TV models are typically released around springtime, so you may find older models at discounted prices during that time of the year. It's always a good idea to keep an eye on promotions to find the best deals.